Formed in 1839, OUBC is the men’s openweight rowing club at the University and responsible for selecting and training the Blue Boat and Isis reserve crew.
The OUBC boathouse on the Isis, (the local name for the Thames in Oxford) burned down in 1999, since then a new purpose built boathouse has been built on the Thames in Wallingford, 12 miles from Oxford.
The OUBC squad perform much of their land training at the gym in the Oxford University sports centre in Iffley Road.
OUBC compete against Cambridge in The Boat Race which is held on the Tideway of the River Thames between Putney and Chiswick Bridges (approx.) over a course of 7414 yards (4 miles and 374 yards).
Oxford have worn dark blue ever since the first Boat Race in 1829