Are you enthusiastic about sport? Good at administration? Interested in a unique opportunity to contribute to the Oxford student experience?
Why not volunteer to become a University Sports Club Senior Member or President here.
Do I have to be great at sport?
No! We want you to fill the role to your own strengths by providing a supporting role to the students who run the sports clubs on a day-to-day basis.
About the roles
Senior President duties may include…
- Help organize meetings and events
- Attending meetings (where time allows)
- Supervision of club accounts managed by the student treasurer
- Act as a ‘sounding board’ to student club committee members
- Provide advice and assistance to student club members
- You don’t need to be a star spokesperson or accomplished public speaker!
Senior Member duties may include…
(to undertake this role, you must be a member of University Congregation)
- Being a figurehead for the club
- Hosting discussions and introducing presentations at meetings and events
- Involvement in the running of the club
- Provide advice and assistance to student club committee members
- Attend senior committee meetings (where time allows)
- Speak at club events
- Provide advice on any internal disputes that may arise
- Sign-off the club accounts from the student treasurer
- Help foster and maintain links between the club, alumni organisations, and external agencies
- Be available to represent and speak for the Club in the public forum, and before the Courts of the University and the University authorities
- Maintain an accountable link between the Club and the University Proctors
You will not be paid as an employee, just like the student committee this is a volunteer post. But, you will probably be able to reclaim essential expenses. Each club operates differently.
You may need to discuss with your line manager release to perform some duties but in the main we would only expect this role to take up a few hours of your time each week and outside normal working hours.
How long am I signing up for?
You can start when it suits you and step down when your commitments change, although we encourage for continuity commitment for the academic year.
Find out more
Email Jon Roycroft (Director of Sport) or telephone for an informal discussion: 01865 611470