The Blues Performance Scheme supports individual athletes and teams at Oxford University to improve their long term performance in sport whilst balancing their academic commitments. Those teams and individuals selected to be part of the scheme gain access to the following support:
- Weekly Strength and Conditioning Training
- Nutritional Support
- Sports Psychology Support
- Subsidised Injury Treatment
- Free access to blues classes such as Yoga, Pilates and more
Individual Application Requirements
- Applicants must be a current Oxford University undergraduate or postgraduate student, undergoing full-time or part-time study.
- Applicants must be able to show evidence of outstanding ability within their chosen sport.
- Applicants must provide a supporting statement from their coach or National Governing Body to confirm the details of their application.
- Contribute to the success of Oxford University in both BUCS and Varsity competitions. This can be achieved either through competing or adding value to your specific sports program.
- Represent Oxford University and the performance scheme to the highest standard at local, national or international competitions.
- Attend a photo shoot to promote your sport and the scheme (dates to be confirmed).
- Attend allocated sessions in all support areas.
- Communicate with coaching and other support staff if unable to attend allocated sessions.
- Provide regular updates on results from competitions or sport specific selections.
How to Apply
Applications are now open for individual support on the Blues Performance Scheme.
There are 2 deadlines and release of places on the scheme:
First Deadline – 21st September – limited places released prior to start of term
Final Deadline – 12th October – remainder of places released
The 2018/19 Performance Teams will be released soon
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up?
Submit an application for individual support. If you are part of one of the high performance teams your captain will submit a team list at the start of the year to give you access to all the areas of support.
How can I register for a class?
Once you are registered as an athlete, choose from our classes timetable (to be released prior to 2018/19 season), then sign up for classes at reception in Iffley Road Sports Centre or by calling 01865 611476.
I have a question that isn’t listed here. Who do I ask?
Any further questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.